Goal: To monitor populations of marine mammals through long-term data collected on abundance, distribution, behavior, and feeding/breeding ecology by:
- Conducting original research on marine mammals along the Pacific coast.
- Developing innovative and economical technologies applicable to ecological studies.
- Assisting scientific and governmental institutions document and analyze biological information collected from stranded cetaceans and sea birds.
- Collaborating with other institutions and agencies involved with marine ecological studies, education and the arts.
- Sea Otter Ecology Project (SOEP)
- Humpback Whale Feeding Ecology Project